Much to my complete surprise and delight, I have been nominated to receive a blogging award by a fellow blogger; Al Damico, author of his own wonderful blog A Reluctant Foodee! He and I met through Twitter (he can be found @ReluctantFoodee) and we became fast friends bonding over our views on eating more vegetables and less meat. He is a passionate supporter of the Meatless Monday cause and he writes an excellent blog recording his adventures and recipes. I recommend you all take a look as his food philosophy is truly a good one!
So, a Versatile Blogger Award is a wonderful accolade bestowed within the blogging community by one of your peers. For me, this makes it all the more humbling as I am honoured to know that I have impressed a fellow foodie out there. It is a fantastic way of supporting each other and encouraging us bloggers to keep on keeping on!
The rules of the Versatile Blogger Award are:
- Mention and thank the person who has nominated you.
- Write 5 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 other bloggers for the award.
- Let those bloggers know.
So with no further ado, here are 5 random facts you may (or may not) be interested to know about me:
- I moved to South West France just 5 years ago straight from North London much to the surprise of most of my friends who had me down as a city/party girl. Now I live in the middle of a field with no neighbours, 2 kids and 2 cats. I am living the domestic dream!
- In my previous life I was a Music Editor for VH1 at MTV UK for 8 years. All those Top 100s you see on TV .they were all my fault!
- I have a mild addiction to Michelin starred restaurants and would flitter away a large fortune on them if only I could.
- I am lucky enough to come from a family of gifted cooks. My Mother has natural flare, my Mother in-law has effortless style and my Sister in-law has mastered rustic genius. I am constantly learning from them all.
- I applied to be on Master Chef UK about 7 years ago and made it through to the interviews only to be denied a place on the live shows as at that time in my life, I was not committed to a career in food. Despite this, I remain a huge fan of the show and often wonder about what could have been .
I have found nominating 5 fellow bloggers quite tough; mainly because there are so many worthy bloggers out there and also as many of those I admire have already received this award. These are the 5 I have chosen and if you enjoy food blogs, you should most certainly check them out:
- Jenny Eatwells Ruhbarb & Ginger Jenny is a fabulous blogger with an engaging and humorous style. Packed full of family friendly recipes that always make my tummy rumble.
- Spoon Fork Bacon Gorgeous photos, fabulous food. Written by Teri Lyn Fisher & Jenny Park. A stylish food blog indeed
- Bread and Milk and Blackberries Ruth has some really unusual recipes, often with a Swedish influence (she is married to a Swede). She is just about to move to Sweden and I cant wait to see where that takes her food!
- Confessions Of A Recipe Junkie Written by Michelle; the recipe junkie. A collection of entertaining posts full of recipes with adventurous taste combinations – always makes me smile.
- Stone Soup Recipes from Jules Clancy full of really healthy foods, and great time saving tips. Subscribe and receive her free e-Cookbook.
So thats it. I accept the Versatile Blogger Award and I have passed it on. There are so many deserving bloggers out there, this Award just keeps giving and giving.