Much to my complete surprise and delight, I have been nominated to receive a blogging award by a fellow blogger; Al Damico, author of his own wonderful blog A Reluctant Foodee! He and I met through Twitter (he can be found @ReluctantFoodee) and we became fast friends bonding over our views on eating more vegetables and less meat. He is a passionate supporter of the Meatless Monday cause and he writes an excellent blog recording his adventures and recipes. I recommend you all take a look as his food philosophy is truly a good one!
So, a Versatile Blogger Award is a wonderful accolade bestowed within the blogging community by one of your peers. For me, this makes it all the more humbling as I am honoured to know that I have impressed a fellow foodie out there. It is a fantastic way of supporting each other and encouraging us bloggers to keep on keeping on!
The rules of the Versatile Blogger Award are:
- Mention and thank the person who has nominated you.
- Write 5 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 other bloggers for the award.
- Let those bloggers know.
So with no further ado, here are 5 random facts you may (or may not) be interested to know about me:
- I moved to South West France just 5 years ago straight from North London much to the surprise of most of my friends who had me down as a city/party girl. Now I live in the middle of a field with no neighbours, 2 kids and 2 cats. I am living the domestic dream!
- In my previous life I was a Music Editor for VH1 at MTV UK for 8 years. All those Top 100s you see on TV .they were all my fault!
- I have a mild addiction to Michelin starred restaurants and would flitter away a large fortune on them if only I could.
- I am lucky enough to come from a family of gifted cooks. My Mother has natural flare, my Mother in-law has effortless style and my Sister in-law has mastered rustic genius. I am constantly learning from them all.
- I applied to be on Master Chef UK about 7 years ago and made it through to the interviews only to be denied a place on the live shows as at that time in my life, I was not committed to a career in food. Despite this, I remain a huge fan of the show and often wonder about what could have been .
I have found nominating 5 fellow bloggers quite tough; mainly because there are so many worthy bloggers out there and also as many of those I admire have already received this award. These are the 5 I have chosen and if you enjoy food blogs, you should most certainly check them out:
- Jenny Eatwells Ruhbarb & Ginger Jenny is a fabulous blogger with an engaging and humorous style. Packed full of family friendly recipes that always make my tummy rumble.
- Spoon Fork Bacon Gorgeous photos, fabulous food. Written by Teri Lyn Fisher & Jenny Park. A stylish food blog indeed
- Bread and Milk and Blackberries Ruth has some really unusual recipes, often with a Swedish influence (she is married to a Swede). She is just about to move to Sweden and I cant wait to see where that takes her food!
- Confessions Of A Recipe Junkie Written by Michelle; the recipe junkie. A collection of entertaining posts full of recipes with adventurous taste combinations – always makes me smile.
- Stone Soup Recipes from Jules Clancy full of really healthy foods, and great time saving tips. Subscribe and receive her free e-Cookbook.
So thats it. I accept the Versatile Blogger Award and I have passed it on. There are so many deserving bloggers out there, this Award just keeps giving and giving.
8 thoughts on “Versatile Bloggers Award – Massive Thank You!”
Oh Anneli – I’m humbled to be chosen and to be in such grand company! Thankyou. 🙂
Now, I have to admit that this is my third nomination for the Versatile Blogger award, so you’ll forgive me if I don’t immediately react – but what I’ll do is respond once for everyone, otherwise my blog’s readers might get a bit fed up with hearing increasingly random “random facts” about me. LOL
3 nominations eh Jenny! All most deserved! I look forward to your random facts. x
Anneli, thanks so much for the kind mention. The Award nomination is completely deserved. Hmmm, a party girl? Who knew?
By the way, I read Jenny’s blog regularly but thanks for pointing me toward several new ones – but that’s the whole point, n’est pas?
You are very welcome Al. You were also a worthy recipiant of the award and I would have nominated you too had it not been for the fact you already received it! Re: party girl…..it’s always the quiet ones eh!
I wish you success always, the patient and struggling win glory in the end, it seems you started walking your first steps on the ladder of glory! Mawh from your dear Antoinette xx
Thank you for your continued support Antoinette. It means alot to me… Bisous x
Very cute post & award 🙂 first congrats to you, second can I move to France with you, third I’m actually only one blog not a collection of blogs- maybe a collection of personalities but all me 😉 and finally THANK YOU!! For choosing me for this award!! Now to think of my 5…..
You are very welcome Michelle. I subscribe to your blog and enjoy your posts very much 🙂 so the award is well deserved in my opinion! Re: collection of blogs – I mean collection of blog posts. I see what you mean, it reads a bit funny. I shall amend 🙂 I look forward to reading your facts and nominations for passing it on.
Comments are closed.