- Lightly butter 4 metal moulds, each 150ml and line the base’s with circles of greaseproof paper.
- Put the creme fraiche in a bowl and gradually beat in the egg yolks. Add the lemon rind, juice and salt and pepper. Chop up the basil reserving 4 leaves to garnish and add to the mixture. Chop up the smoked salmon and add that as well, mixing it all together.
- Pour the mixture into the moulds evenly. Place them in your slow cooker, no need to cover them, and pour hot water around the moulds to come halfway up the sides. Cover with the lid and put it on to Low for 3 1/2 hours until set.
- Remove the moulds carefully and let them cool to room temperature. Place them in the fridge for at least hours or even over night.
- When ready to serve, loosen the timbales with a knife dipped in hot water and invert onto serving plates. Remove the greaseproof paper and top with a lemon wedge and basil leaf. Serve with some salad leaves.
Recipe from Hamlyn – 200 Slow Cooker Recipes