So here we are in September. It was my son Zack’s very first day at school today and now that the kids are back, the house is quiet and I hope it will be clean soon! But it also makes me melancholy that time passes so fast and that this glorious Summer of fun and sunshine and laughs is now over.
To be honest, it doesn’t really feel like Autumn here yet. Not wanting to gloat but it’s still 30 degrees here most days. We should be able to eek out that Summer feeling for the rest of the month I hope. And so, with a little change to the schedule (as my FSF partner Louisa is a little too busy to host this round) we have decided that the September theme should be nice and broad.
So, we loosely offer ‘Sliding in to Autumn‘ as the theme which we hope covers the types of transitional food you might be making this September. With a toe still in Summer but the nights drawing in, this should give you all plenty of scope to be creative. Think of all the things just coming into season: Apples, Pears, Pumpkins, Cabbages…. The list is long and inspiring indeed.
As always, I can’t wait to see what you come up with so please come and get involved!
The Guidelines To Enter:
- Any recipe that fits the current months theme can be entered, new or old.
- You can enter as many times a month as you wish. And of course feel free to enter your recipes to any other blogging challenges you like.
- Please give due credit if your recipe is not your own.
- Add your recipe URL to the Linky or email your URL depending on the current month host. Please include the recipe title, the URL, your email address and if emailing, also a photo of the dish.
- Please include a link to Delicieux & Eat Your Veg on each entry.
- Please add the relevant seasons badge – Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter. Please update old posts that you enter to include a badge also.
- Please Tweet your entries using the hashtag #FourSeasonsFood and include @Delicieux_fr or @Eat_Your_Veg and we will retweet all that we see.
- All entries will be added to the Pinterest Group Board – Four Seasons Food.
- The winning entry each month will be promoted via Twitter, Delicieux & Eat Your Veg Facebook pages and Google+ by both co-hosts.
Please link up your entries here with this Linky tool!
Future Four Season Food Themes for Autumn:
October – Roasting
November – Soups & Stews & One Pot Wonders