- Spend some time prepping your seafood. Pin-bone the salmon and trim then slice into 6 or 8 even pieces, peel and devein the prawns.
- Place the fish stock in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add the salmon chunks and poach for 1 minute, add the prawns and poach for 1 minute more and finally add the scallops and poach for another 2 minutes until everything is just cooked. Carefully pour the poaching liquid and fish into a sieve over a separate bowl to catch everything gently, keeping all the fish intact.
- Heat half the butter in the saucepan and add the chopped shallot, cook gently for 5 minutes until soft but not coloured. Pour in the wine and boil until reduced to just a few tablespoons. Pour in the poaching liquid and boil until reduced by half which takes about 25 minutes. Stir in the cream and then once again, reduce this by half. Turn down to a gentle simmer and whisk in the rest of the butter.
- Gently add the seafood to the sauce, don’t break the salmon! Heat through gently, add most of the herbs and the lemon juice and set aside.
- Meanwhile cook the spaghettini to the packets instructions. Drain and add back in it pan with the drizzle of olive oil and the rest of the herbs.
- Now plate up. Twirl a portion of pasta into a ball and place in the centre of a big pasta bowl. Carefully place the salmon chunks, prawns and scallops evenly around the pasta and spoon over the sauce. Scatter with the parsley sprigs and serve.
Adapted from a Gordon Ramsay recipe.