Skip to content
- Put the soaked beans in a large saucepan with 2 litres of water, bring to the boil and then simmer for approx 2 hours occasionally removing any scum from the surface.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon lardons in the duck fat with the chopped onion.
- When the beans are nearly cooked, add the bacon and onion with all the duck fat they were cooked and the Bayonne ham and bouquet garni.
- Then add the duck or chicken stock and bring back to the boil. Then add the carrot, leek and potato. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Then add the rest of the vegetables, the garlic and the shredded duck meat. Let it bubble for 3 minutes, remove the bouquet garni, season and serve in large bowls.