FOR SALTED CARAMEL CHOC POTS
- Melt the butter, sugars and syrup in a pan, swirling occasionally for 3 minutes. Add the cream and salt and stir with a wooden spoon. Be careful, it is very hot! Pour carefully into a jug. Pour roughly a tablespoon into each glass, to cover the bottom by 1/2 inch. Place in the fridge to cool.
- Melt your chocolates in a bowl over simmering water. Snap your grissini into 4 short, even lengths. Dip each end into the melted chocolate and set aside on a wire rack to drip and set slightly. Then dip each end of the grissini into the brown sugar to coat. Place in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- Stir the double cream and milk into the chocolate and stir until smooth. Pour on top of the caramel and chill for 2 hours or up to 24 hours. Sprinkle a little sea salt over each pot to serve and lay your grissini on top of the glass. (Recipe adapted from BBC Good Food Magazine)
- Pre-heat oven to 190C/170F/Gas 5. Lightly butter an 18 hole Madeleine mould. Mix the flour and sugar in your dry bowl. Put the butter, egg yolk, honey and vanilla into your wet bowl and mix to combine.
- Whisk the 2 egg whites until stiff. Fold your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients until evenly mixed. Then fold in your half your egg whites until mixed and then fold in the last half.
- Fill your moulds with some of the mixture and bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden and spongy. Remove to cool on a wire rack. (Recipe by Mary Cadogan for BBC Good Food)
FOR STRAWBERRY MERINGUE LAYER
- Wash and chop your strawberries into little chunks. Whip your cream or creme fraiche. Using your fingers, crumble in your meringue.
- Assemble by putting some strawberries on the base of your dish, followed by a dollop of meringue and cream followed by a few more pieces of strawberry. All done!