Skip to content
- First, wash and slice your courgettes or marrow. If using up a marrow, remove the seeds from the middle before slicing in to smallish slices.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large pan, add the chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Then add your courgettes and garlic. Put a lid on the pan and cook for 20 minutes until the courgettes are lovely and soft.
- Then add your stock and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Now you can blend the soup or just blend 3/4 if you like to leave some chunks of courgette in there for texture. I like it both ways and vary depending on how I feel that day.
- Return the soup to the heat and add the Parmesan, crème fraîche, basil and parsley. Season to taste and serve with crusty bread.