- Prepare your moulds. Brush each mould with melted butter and place in the freezer for a few minutes. Then brush with butter again and dust with cocoa powder.
- Gently melt your butter and chocolate together in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Remove from heat and stir until smooth and leave for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and egg yolks together with the sugar until thick and pale and your whisk leaves a trail. Sift the flour into the eggs and fold together.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the egg mixture in thirds, beating well after each addition until all added and you have a loose batter.
- Tip this batter into a jug and pour evenly into your moulds. You should have enough for 7 so you always have a spare in case one does not come out well. These can now be frozen for up to 1 month.
- To cook from frozen, heat oven to 200C/180 Fan/Gas 6. Cook fondants for 15-17 minutes, until the tops have formed a crust. Let them rest for 1 minutes when they come out of the oven.
- Loosen the fondants very gently from the sides and turn out onto plates and top with ice cream. Serve.
Recipe by Gordon Ramsey