- Heat your oven to 180C. In a large frying pan, heat your knob of butter and tsp of olive oil and fry your leeks. Add the thyme and cook for around 8 minutes until nicely soft. Add 1 tbsp of your ricotta and mix to coat the leeks. Remove from the heat and leave to cool down a little before stirring through your chunks of brie cheese.
- In another pan, heat your 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add the chopped garlic. Let is cook for a minute but don’t let it burn. Then add your chopped tomatoes and leave to simmer for 10 minutes until they thicken up a bit.
- Meanwhile, fill your cannelloni with your leeks. Use a teaspoon and hold one end of the cannelloni tube against the palm of one hand so that the filling does not slide out the other end. Use the handle of the spoon to poke the filling down to make sure it is filled throughout.
- Once the tomato sauce has thickened up a bit, stir in 1 tablespoon of ricotta.
- Pour the sauce over your filled cannelloni tubes smooth over evenly. Then cover with your grated cheese and bake in the oven for 30 minutes
- Serve with a nice crispy salad.
I am entering this recipe into two blog challenges. Firstly, Simple and In Season which is hosted this month by Caroline from Cake, Crumbs and Cooking. Originally created by Ren from Fabulicious Food. Leeks are still in season right now so I think this recipe is perfect for this month.
Secondly, I am entering this into Herbs on a Saturday as there is a good sprinkle of thyme in the recipe. Hosted by the lovely Karen over on Lavender & Lovage.