- Heat the oven to 180C/Fan 160C/Gas 4. Put on a pair of gloves and peel and trim the beetroot and cut into wedges. Place on a baking sheet covered in foil. Toss with olive oil and season, and cook for 1 hour until softened.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and butter in an oven ready pan which has a lid. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 3-5 minutes. Stir in the rice to coat with the oil and butter. Pour in the wine and let it bubble away for 5 minutes.
- Give it all a stir and then add the stock in one go. Stir, cover and put in the oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the beetroot from the oven. Blitz 1/4 of them in a blender and chop the rest into little cubes. Stir all the beetroot and Parmesan into the rice.
- Serve scattered liberally with dill and a good dollop of soured cream on top.
This recipe is from BBC Good Food