Chicken, Creamy Onions, Mushrooms & Goats Cheese wrapped in Brick Pastry
By Anneli Faiers, March 15, 2012, In Main Courses
~ 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
2 skinless chicken breasts
1 mdeium onion, sliced
2 mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp flour
Splash of white wine
2 tbsp cream
4 slices of Goats cheese
2 sheets of Brick pastry
Olive oil for brushing
- First of all, heat a griddle or frying pan and lightly oil your chicken breasts and season. Then fry them on both sides until they are lightly coloured. They will finish cooking in the oven when wrapped in the Brick. Remove from the heat.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C/180F/Gas 4. In a separate frying pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and fry your onions until softened, about 5 minutes. Then add your mushrooms and fry for another 3 minutes. Then sprinkle with the flour and stir to coat. Add a splash of white wine and let it bubble and reduce to almost nothing. Then add your cream and mix. This should coat the onions and mushrooms quite thickly and not be a runny sauce.
- Cover a baking try with tin foil and brush with olive oil.
- Take a sheet of Brick and in the center, place 2 slices of goats cheese side by side and then lay your chicken breats on top. Then take half of your onion and mushroom mix and spoon on top of your chicken. Then fold up the Brick like you are wrapping up a parcel bringing the sides in and then the top and bottom to encase all the filling as best as you can. Place on the baking tray with the edges on the bottom. Repeat with the other remaining ingredients. Brush each parcel with olive oil on all sides which will help it to hold it’s shape.
- Bake your parcels for 20 minutes. I served mine with potatoes sautéed in duck fat and roasted vegetables.
3 Comments on "Chicken, Creamy Onions, Mushrooms & Goats Cheese wrapped in Brick Pastry"