- 12 or more slices of brioche loaf
- 200g cream cheese
- Juice & zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped dill, plus extra to garnish
- 180g can of skinless and boneless red salmon or 1 small fillet of fresh salmon, poached & flaked
- Use a 5cm circle cutter to cut out 12 pieces of brioche. Toast each side under the grill until just golden. Cool. (These can be kept in an airtight container for 24 hours)
- Mix together the cream cheese, lemon juice, zest and chopped dill.
- Roughly flake in the tinned or freshly poached salmon in to the cream cheese mixture. Season.
- Take a teaspoon of the mixture then scrape it in to another teaspoon and so on until you have a nice quenelle shape. Put a quenelle on each piece of brioche. Garnish with a sprig of fresh dill.
Inspired by a recipe from Delicious Magazine