A Brand New Blog Challenge – Come & Get Involved!
I am delighted to be able to introduce a new monthly blogging challenge which will be co-hosted by myself and my good friend Louisa from Chez Foti.
Four Seasons Food (FSF) Challenge
We want to kick off the Summer (what Summer you may ask!) with something new. Louisa and I are both passionate about seasonality and how it inspires the kinds of dishes we all cook. This challenge will be all about tapping into the many kinds of recipes we all want to make at various times of year.
Each season will comprise of 3 monthly challenges which we will announce at the start of each quarter. The idea is to cook something that fits the theme and join in the fun! There will be a winning recipe chosen by a guest judge each month and that winner can display the winners badge on their recipe which will link back to a winners gallery on both Delicieux & Chez Foti where a link back to each winning recipe will live. And of course there will be a full round up of all the lovely entries at the end of each month.
This month we will be offering a fantastic prize for the winning recipe – a copy of The Flavour Thesaurus by Niki Segnit. A brilliant handbook for matching your ingredients together when creating new and wonderful dishes! Natalie Coleman who won Masterchef 2013 credits this book as the key to her success so that must mean it’s pretty good!
So, for the very first Four Seasons Food Challenge, the theme for the start of Summer will be Picnic Food & Outdoor Nibbles. The theme is nice and broad so there is plenty of room for creativity and fun!
The Guidelines To Enter:
- Any recipe that fits the current months theme can be entered, new or old.
- You can enter as many times a month as you wish. And of course feel free to enter your recipes to any other blogging challenges you like.
- Please give due credit if your recipe is not your own.
- Add your recipe URL to the Linky or email your URL depending on the current month host. Please include the recipe title, the URL, your email address and if emailing, also a photo of the dish.
- Please add the relevant seasons badge – Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter. Please update old posts that you enter to include a badge also. (See below for the code which includes a link back to Delicieux & Chez Foti within it so it is all you should need)
- Please Tweet your entries using the hashtag #FourSeasonsFood and include @Delicieux_fr or @ChezFoti and we will retweet all that we see.
- All entries will be added to the Pinterest Board – Four Seasons Food.
- The winning entry each month will be promoted via Twitter, Delicieux & Chez Foti Facebook pages and Google+ by both co-hosts.
We really hope you like the idea of this challenge and we can’t wait to see what delicious dishes you may enter! Bring on the Summer fun we say!
Please use the following code to display the badge and the links to our two websites:
Four Seasons Food Summer Submissions June
Future Four Seasons Food Summer Themes for your diary:
JUNE – Picnic food & Outdoor Nibbles
JULY – BBQ dishes inclusive of side dishes etc
AUGUST – Summer Puddings